5 REASONS MOVING TO THE CLOUD IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Many SMBs use outdated technology and systems because they think moving to the cloud is difficult, costly and time-consuming. Yet after moving, when productivity increases and enhanced collaboration and business continuity are greatly improved, Small and Medium sized businesses usually say the same thing: “This is great. Why didn’t we do this sooner?”
SMBs give many reasons for delaying their move to the cloud. But here are five common reasons why moving is easier than you think.
Small and Medium sized businesses usually say the same thing: “This is great. Why didn’t we do this sooner?”
- The cloud isn’t an “all or nothing” proposition. One of the greatest advantages is that it’s flexible. You can gradually migrate different pieces of your business operations to the cloud. For example, to start, you may decide to move Office products through a solution such as Microsoft Office 365. Success in this area may lead you to look at other solutions in the future.
- Importing data is easy. Depending on what type of cloud solution you deploy, uploading your existing data into the new application is usually required – and this process is fast and easy. After a quick import of data, employees can access what they need from any location, at any time, without needing to visit the office.
- The cloud ecosystem is mature. During the early days of the cloud, some SMBs were nervous about adopting this new technology. But the technology has now been tested, and all those early kinks have been worked out.
- Hybrid options are common. You may have a legacy system in place that would require the creation of a middleware app to interface with the cloud – which is absolutely possible. But the benefit of the cloud is that you can migrate some pieces of operations to the cloud, or simply leave legacy systems in place – and slowly migrate everything else.
- The right partner makes it simple. Managed service providers help their clients adopt cloud solutions frequently. As a result, they understand the challenges that SMBs may face, and can help navigate through those concerns quickly.
Do you have questions about moving to the cloud? If so, call 832-295-1411 or email us today.