The Netflix Billing Scam is back. Cyber-criminals are sending out email messages asking users to update their billing information but don’t click that link! If you do, the bad guys could steal your login details, your credit card data, your picture, your ID, and even more if they gain access to your computer or network.
Here are some tips on how to stay safe:
- Never click on a login link or an account verification link in an email.
- Check for the green HTTPS padlock in your browser’s address bar. If there isn’t one, it means the site is not secure.
- If there is a green HTTPS padlock in your browser’s address bar, check the web address of the site. If it’s not exactly what you expect, don’t click!
- Don’t ignore telltale signs that it’s a scam such as spelling and grammar errors.
- Guard your ID closely. Never give away a picture of yourself or your ID when it isn’t absolutely necessary.
- If you are not sure about a message from Netflix go directly to their website. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/65674