Executive IT Help provides security, business continuity, and disaster recovery services to businesses and organizations in the Houston, Pasadena, Galveston, Sugar Land, Texas City, and surrounding areas.
5 Easy Things You Should Do To
Protect Your Business Today
Let’s face it – no one likes to think about bad things happening to them, much less plan for them. We wanted to give you a quick “brush-up” on some simple things you can (and should!) be doing to protect your business.
This month, we’re here to take away some of that frustration and share a few ideas on how you can use technology solutions to put together a growth strategy that works for your business, its needs and your overall goals.
- Review Your Business Insurance Carefully. Most businesses carry some type of general liability insurance that would pay them if their building and the things in it were damaged. However, many businesses do not have enough coverage to replace all the computer equipment and devices, desks, art, supplies and other things they’ve accumulated over the years that are housed in their office. Make sure you review your policy every year and keep in mind new additions and assets you’ve accumulated during that year.
- Consider Cloud Computing. One of the biggest advantages of cloud computing is that your data and assets are stored off-site in a highly secure, high-availability data center, with failover and redundancy built in. That means that if your building were destroyed and you had to evacuate, or if your server melted down due to an unexpected hardware failure, everything you’ve worked so hard to create over the years is safe and not a sitting duck in your unsecured closet or server room.
- Secure Your Data. Making sure your data is protected from the is a never-ending battle you don’t want to lose. Companies that get hacked and expose sensitive client and employee data can face severe penalties, lawsuits and massive loss of credibility in the marketplace. Make sure you never have to send an e-mail to your customers explaining the bad news that a hacker accessed their info through you. Further, if you keep any sensitive information (even passwords to portals containing sensitive information) on portable laptops, phones and other devices, make sure you have a way of controlling and safeguarding that information.
- Write A Simple Disaster Recovery Plan. The key word here is “simple.” If your plan gets too complicated or difficult, you won’t do it. But, at a minimum, think of the disaster that is most likely to happen and that would have a severe and negative impact on your company’s survival.
- Review Your Employees’ Internet Policy. With so many people “addicted” to Facebook and Twitter, it’s important that your employees know where the line is in what they can and can’t post online. We also recommend content-filtering so ware to block content and websites you don’t want employees visiting during work hours.
Secure your business with effective and affordable security solutions.
We are experts at protecting your business and maximizing security. For more information, call us at 832-295-1411 or email us today.
Security Services We Offer
Protecting Your Valuable Data
Data is among your company’s most valued assets. In fact, a recent FEMA report estimates that 40 to 60 percent of small to midsize businesses won’t survive a data calamity. A major event may never strike, but with the stakes so high, it’s best to be prepared.
We offer a variety of security solutions that secure and safeguard your business:
We provide effective and reliable email protection against all potential threats, including spam, viruses, spyware and harmful malware. Comprehensive email security solutions protect your entire network, safeguarding all communications and information integrity.
We partner with major security providers, such as Fortinet, which specializes in providing network security appliances to businesses worldwide. Fortinet maintains an award-winning portfolio of security gateways and services that deliver the highest level of network and application security for any size business. They offer the largest suite of security technologies, which can be activated individually or combined for a complete threat protection solution, including:
• Firewall protection
• Virtual private network (VPN)
• Anti-virus software
• Intrusion protection (IPS)
• Web filtering
• Anti-spam software
• Traffic shaping
The combination of these technologies offers superior protection against threats such as IM/P2P traffic, phishing and pharming, and DDoS.
Off-Site Data Recovery
When a catastrophic system failure strikes, it creates chaos. Re-creating lost information is expensive, stressful and time-consuming. Depending on how much damage was done, this process could take days, weeks or even months before normal business operations are restored. We offer dependable, reliable data recovery.
Data backup every hour
As your team is working, our solution is constantly saving their work – oftentimes more frequently than they would.
Fast return to business
If your servers crash, the network fails or another disruptive event occurs, our virtual servers are engaged and deployed. We’ll have your systems up and running again fast.
Recovery of vital email
Have you ever lost a really important email? It happens to everyone, but locating that email doesn’t have to be hard. The email recovery feature of Microsoft Exchange servers simplifies this task and reduces frustration.